Version date July 16th, 2020
Our clinic will be seeing study participants by appointment only. If you would like to make or update an appointment, please contact the clinic team by text at (415) 763-8296.
As recommended by the health department, we will be maintaining social distancing and protective guidelines in our clinic. This means:
- Do not bring any guests with you. If you are caring for a child that can’t be left at home, please let us know in advance.
- You are required to wear a face covering when you come to the clinic.
- You will be required to maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
Before Your Study Appointment:
- Drink plenty of fluids both the day before and the day of your appointment (aim for several glasses of water).
- Bring a list of your medications. You don’t have to bring the bottles, a list is fine.
- Bring any recent medical records related to any hospitalizations or illness.
If you have had, in the last 14 days, or are currently experiencing any of the following symptoms, please notify us before coming to your visit.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
When you arrive:
- We will ask if you been diagnosed or tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- We will ask if you live in the same household with, or have had close contact with, someone who has, in the past 14 days, been in isolation or tested positive for COVID-19.
- We will ask you about recent symptoms in the past 24 hours such as fever, head or body aches, coughs, sneezing, difficulty breathing, loss of smell or taste, etc
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer as soon as you arrive.
- You will be given a face mask by the clinic and provided a bag, if necessary, to hold the face covering you wore to the clinic.
- We will take your temperature.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands again before proceeding to your appointment.
The clinic will be sanitized twice a day, and clinic rooms will be sanitized immediately after use.